my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, December 4, 2006

Bulletproof!

Sets 5 and 6 (of 365):

T. vs. Stuart at Pharr Winner: Stuart 6-4, 6-1
Ladder Match #1

My Mojo: Above-average to Excellent

This was the first match that I played on the local ladder. I highly recommend the ladder for anyone in the Austin area; it's great fun, and it is easy to find on the web. Throughout the match, I got really good bite on the ball. I experimented with lots of topspin on my backhand, and it worked surprisingly well but I noticed that I did need to extend my arm a little more on it as I was working the elbow a little more than I would have liked. I played really well during the match, especially in the second set, when I felt bulletproof.

Then I went to a group lesson with R. afterwards (2 of 10). I started out hitting with one of the coaches, and was hitting really strong shots that were placed perfectly; they fell deep in the court in the corners most of the time. For the first hour of the group lesson, I played like dynamite, and could hardly do anything wrong. Then I fizzled somewhat in the last half hour of the lesson. I wasn't tired, but definitely got out of the zone. Tried to get others from the lesson to hit with me afterwards (I usually stay after to do that), but nobody was up to it on this occasion.

No comments: