my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, December 18, 2006

Ughhhh, I Can Barely Stand...

Sets 24-25 (of 365)

Stuart vs. D. at Pharr. Winner: Stuart 6-2, 6-3

My Mojo: Bad Freaky Ugly

I have been feeling vaguely irritable and run down most of the day, but still felt like I would have no problem playing my match. However, when I got into about the third game of the first set, I started getting really bad nausea. It got worse and worse and I was eventually hyperventilating just to avoid puking on the court. I didn't know if I was going to have to forfeit or if I'd make it all the way through the match. One thing was for sure--if I ended up splitting sets, I was definitely not going to play the third set.

I was playing one point at a time. I was just trying to get through the next point and then make decisions as to whether I could keep going after every point was concluded. The last game was absolute hell. It went back and forth from deuce to advantage over and over again. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it.

It's hard for me to say how I played, or how he played, mainly because I was just trying to stay vertical and retain the contents of my stomach, and also because I need to go lie down now. No way I stayed for a group lesson with R. tonight, even though I thought I would go there tonight.

No comments: