my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Friday, December 15, 2006

Good Mojo Tonight!

12/14/06:

Group lesson with R (6 of 10):

My Mojo: Above-average.

I felt like I was hitting well tonight. I was consistently placing the ball well, and getting good backswing and follow-through. I didn't have to think about my shots because they happened naturally. Volleys were a little dicey, but still better than average. Serves were truly decent to outstanding; I got good shoulder rotation and very good direction. My shot anticipation was pretty good--this is an area that I seem to have trouble with sometimes.

I stayed after to hit with R. and H., and also R. (the instructor) stayed to hit for a bit too. The students who stayed to hit are probably the best students in the class and I felt like I held my own with them and with the teacher. It was not a bad night at all. If I hit like this all the time, I'd be pretty happy. But, of course, I hope to get even better with all the practice I am getting.

I need to fix my ball machine. The velcro on the ball hopper keeps messing up and making the ball hopper just about useless. I think that I just can't store the balls in the hopper, but should rather keep them stored elsewhere and just put them in the machine when I am using it.

No comments: