my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Nothing Special On My Part, But Enough To Win

12/12/06:

Sets 13-14 (of 365)

T. vs. Stuart at South Austin. Winner: Stuart 6-2, 6-2.
Ladder Match #2

My Mojo: Average

It was a beautiful day in South Austin. Weather was coolish, no wind at all. Perfect tennis weather. I didn't feel like I was hitting that well, but not too badly either. Most of my shots did the job, though I was not hitting particularly hard or spectacular shots most of the time and I was not getting much bite on the ball when I hit it. A lot of the time I didn't follow through and stopped short on my swing. I kept trying to correct that, but kept reverting to not-so-great form. I did get good court coverage, though. I got some shots that I thought I would never get. T. really got some excellent angle shots to me in deuce court several times that I could not get to. I adjusted for that in the second set and then got most of them, though she get a few by me. She also won two games in the second set after I was up 5-0, so she's definitely a fighter when she is down.

I hear that they are filming the movie "Gary the Tennis Coach" at the South Austin Tennis Center. R. told me that they were there until late last night filming.

1 comment:

sherry said...

thanks for dropping by

take care = D