my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, December 7, 2006

A Mixed Bag

Tonight I had a group lesson with R. (3 of 10)

My mojo: Mixed

I played pretty well, but felt really tired and got upset with myself a little more than I usually do. We did a lot of running, which we usually do when only a few players show up. I felt like I played well getting to running forehands and back hands. I did OK to middlin' in close-contact volleys, but my footwork was not as good as it had been in the last few weeks. The coup de grace was at the end, when I won in singles (first player to get to 7 points) against every other player in the class. It wasn't my play, though, that won it against H. (one of the best in the group), his loss was due to his errors; he is usually a lot more consistent. Also, he was paired alternating points with C. since there was an odd number. I did beat both of them decisively, though. I didn't feel like staying after to play as I felt too tired. So performance was above-average, but mental attitude and stamina were below average.

2 comments:

Crashdummie said...

So all and all, it was a good? Day? Yes? No? As confused as me?

Stuart Gourd said...

I'm always confused. Luckily, lack of confusion has only a very small correlation with survival.