my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, December 9, 2006

Starting Out Good, But Fizzling Out

Sets 10-12 (of 365):

J vs. Stuart at Caswell Winner: J. 2-6, 6-2, 6-1.

My Mojo: Above average, diminishing at the end

Played in the late afternoon. It was about 50 degrees, but not windy. It was kinda cloudy. At the beginning of the match, I was playing really well and got some really good shots in. He helped me by making some errors, though. His errors seemed to diminish a lot in the second set and almost disappeared in the third. My mojo was fairly constant but dropped just a bit toward the end, though his really picked up and I had a hard time finding stuff that worked for me. I did shuffle it around some. I tried alternating between spin and flat serves but could not get by him much once he got to net; he even hit a lot of my wide shots that I thought for sure would get by him. Also, my lobs didn't seem to be doing me as much good against him when he went to net as they usually do against most of the people that I play. They either fell short and he would smash them, or they would go long. His smashes toward the end were usually dead on, and mine fizzled. I didn't tire, though, and felt like I could have played some more.

No comments: