my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Clarification and Further Study of the Matter at Hand

A couple things I want to mention about when I played tennis in high school: 1) Occasionally my friends and I would play tennis with a golf ball. We called this "Killer Tennis." Aside from the obvious disadvantages related to getting a hard and dangerous object moving at a high rate of speed, another serious disadvantage was that it would readily go through the holes in the chain-link fence, causing disruption outside the test range. 2) Sometimes I would play variations on the game of tennis. Most people, when they come up with variations on a game, would change around the rules or configuration of the game. My variations were mostly related to wardrobe malfunctions. Sometimes, I would play in high platform shoes. Other times, I would play wearing a three-piece suit. I even played tennis once in 102-degree weather wearing a full-out parka. Laissez les bon temps roulez.

I am starting to feel like John Cusack's character in "High Fidelity" in describing the sum total of my life experiences through numbered lists (even that last statement was an obscure pun--"numbers" leading to a "sum"; get it, yuk, yuk). Oh, for God's sake, let it die now, in the name of being merciful to all.

No comments: