my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Got Beat by a Little Kid

Sets 3 and 4 (of 365)

F. vs. Stuart at Caswell. Winner: F. 6-3, 6-2

OK, so I got whooped by a 13-year-old. My daughter laughed at me and called me old. No ice cream for you.

My mojo: Average

I wonder if I will ever describe my mojo as "Super-Duper" when I lose? I bet if I played Federer I could bring everything I had to the table and still not get a point, and possibly still be satisfied with the way I played, so yes. But there has to be some subtle bias in there. Anyway, in this match, I couldn't seem to quite get there on anticipating shots some of the time. I felt really "up and down." Sometimes I would be on top of it, and then I would either lose focus or tighten up. My strokes were not too bad, but I ended up on defense a little more than I would have liked to--just hitting the ball back rather than being able to set up for placement. F. played well and showed me why he is in the championship division.

No comments: