my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, December 11, 2006

Up and Down, Up and Down

Group Lesson with R (5 of 10):

My Mojo: Below-average to average.

Tonight I was really missing a lot of stuff, especially volleys. My brain was just not there. My feet were sluggish and my legs were heavy. I wasn't doing too bad on longer rallies, but I was still not very consistent. I kept getting close to the zone, and then sliding out, over and over again. Up and down, up and down.

R. remarked that I was reverting to my old backhand, and he was right. I was not hitting through a lot, but just poking at the ball. I did redeem myself a little bit when I stayed after the lesson to hit with C. and P., when I hit a little better than I had been doing during the lesson, but still not great.

I got asked if I went out drinking last night. It wasn't just me, everybody was talking about whether they went out partying. Of course, my answers were, "It's hard to tell...after you black out, you really can't tell what happens," and "After somebody put something red in the crack pipe, I really don't know what happened." Really, I hardly ever smoke crack. OK, I don't smoke crack at all. I was just trying to sound cosmopolitan and sophisticated like those gaunt skeletals you see huddled, shivering, in the doorways of abandoned buildings. Viva heroin chic. Actually, all I did last night was watch Sarah Silverman's "Jesus Is Magic" on DVD, and eat some extra badass tofu stirfry with brown rice. See how my life is super exciting and everybody wishes they were me?

No comments: