my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Played OK, But Couldn't Break Through

Sets 116-117 (of 365):

Stuart vs. S. at Harris Branch. Winner: S. 6-0, 7-6(5).

My Mojo: Average to Above-Average

I felt like I played pretty well, but I just got badly outplayed. In the first set it was not even a contest. I was just playing in an average fashion, and was not able to get any shots in that would advance my strategy. I was just getting walloped in point after point. Then in the second set, I started concentrating on eliminating my errors and hitting strategically. This worked a lot better for me, but was not enough to win the set. I was hoping to squeak by in the second set and get to a third, but that just didn't come to pass. His shots were not terribly hard, but were very accurate and executed with good strategy in mind. Also, the power of his serve varied a lot so I never knew what was coming at me. I tried the new serve that I had been working on and in many cases it worked well, blazing across the net, but he was able to return most of them. In a few points I was able to get control of the point through my serve, but on the whole, I was playing defensively.

"You know you are playing too much tennis when there are holes in your walls from hitting tennis balls in your house."--Anonymous

No comments: