my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Deconstructing My Serve

Private Lesson with K. at Pharr:

My Mojo: Eyes Wide Open, Soaking It All In

Today we worked on my serve and basically rebuilding it from the ground up. K. is trying to get me to use what he calls a "pro serve." So I am working on getting my legs to give me more power on the ball when I serve, and changing some of the motions I do when I am serving. I practiced this over and over until it started feeling a little more natural. I can tell I am going to have to practice this a lot to get it down, but I think I have the mechanics of the basic movements down. Toward the end of the lesson, I was a little burned out on practicing this one thing over and over again, so we worked on ground strokes for the last few minutes. He gave me some minor adjustments to my grip and follow-through that I felt immediately.

2 comments:

Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

Stu... thank you very much for visiting my blog, especially for linking it to your page... as you saw my blog is "frivolous" also. It provides fun for me and my regular opponents; my 'one timers' are usually stunned when I go for my camera after the match and give my spiel... so check out my postings from June 9 ,13, 14 '06... it might surprise you... it's a small world... maybe this 60 yr old hacker can get on your dance card in day 246 of your notable quest?! My email is Tommy529@optonline.net

Stuart Gourd said...

No problem, let me know when you are in the area and I'll definitely make room for you in my schedule (assuming that injuries have not sent me to an early grave by then) :-). It will be interesting to see two different perspectives in print on the same match, maybe even with comments back and forth on both blogs! Your blogging style is a little different than mine, as you provide pics and names, and I "protect the guilty" by just putting their initials and probably include a little more introspective and philosophical drivel. And if you know of anyone else who has a blog about their tennis games, let me know, so I can link to them on my page. Keep in touch, and have fun playing tennis.