my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, February 19, 2007

Nausea Takes Over

Sets 112-113 (of 365):

Stuart vs. D. at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-3, 6-2.

My Mojo: Sideways, Ready To Barf At The End

It was really windy today. We played at Northwest Park, and I told D. about the high net on the third court. He pointed out that the second court was even higher than the third court, though it did have a restraint in the middle. Heck, I don't know, and I don't care. I just play and don't think much about the net height. We started out playing on the first court, but moved to the fourth court because the wind was blowing so hard, it was blowing all the balls that fell on the ground to the fourth court anyway. And nobody was playing on any of the other courts at first, except for a guy and girl on the fourth court who were just leaving when we got there.

In the first set, we kept pace until one game in which I broke his serve, and then I broke it again to win the set. There was not much room for strategy other than to try to keep the ball in the court. On one side, it was really easy to hit it long, so I was trying to soft-pedal the ball and put more spin on it. But it kept going out anyway. On the other side, it was easier to control the rallies and wait for the opponent to hit it out.

Geez, I don't know what it is about me and getting nauseated during tennis matches. In the middle of the second set, I felt like my stomach was about to empty its contents. We got to 2-2, and then I started feeling sick, but I won all the rest of the games. I don't know if I could have played another game. My opponent started coming to net more in the second set, and it seemed like that helped him some, although the wind was making both of us have a lot of errors. I was too sick to try coming to net much, but I did do it a few times, and some of them were successful. In the last game, I got to match point twice, and both times, I just felt sicker than I had felt up to those points, and barely able to stand. It consumed me during the first match point, and I could not make it through the point. My opponent made an error on the second match point, and if I had to keep going, I don't know if I would have been able to summon up the strength, or if I just would have thrown up on the court.

I came home and did some bentonite, activated charcoal and psyllium, and drank a bunch of water. I hope it helps. Also, I'm starting to get an ear infection again--this time in my right ear. It seems to keep creeping back in my left ear, but this is the first time it has hit my right ear. Ugh. More alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. And I should probably ice down some soreness too. I'm just a complete medical case right now. Maybe I'll skip the group lessons at Pharr tonight.

No comments: