my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, February 4, 2007

An Easy Win

Sets 86-87 (of 365):

Stuart vs. K at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-0, 6-0.

My Mojo: Steady

This was a pretty easy win. K. indicated that he hadn't really played many matches, and he just couldn't come up with the strategy to get a game in. He did get a few really good shots in, but he just was outplayed for the most part. I'm sure that once he gets some match experience, he will be a more formidable opponent. We did get to a couple of games that went to deuce, and went to a couple of ads. I played steadily though I had sporadic problems with me serve. My serve does seem to be coming back, and I was able to use it to good effect to get a few shut-out games.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good game Stuart. You varied depth on your groundstrokes quite well. This took advantage of my lack of conditioning. I came home and immediately got on the treadmill.

I was impressed with your ability to get almost every ball back. In hindsight, I should have tried for more aggressive shots rather than just getting balls back.

While you didn't come to net often, you volleyed well. Your placement on those shots was excellent.

Thanks for the match,
K

Stuart Gourd said...

Thanks for commenting. I wish that more of my opponents would give their thoughts on the matches they play with me; it would make for a more balanced view of what happened.