my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, February 3, 2007

New Teacher For the Group

Group Lesson at Pharr (3 of 10):

My Mojo: Solid But Not Even Close Against The New Guy

Today we had a new teacher for the group, K. R. was not there, and he hired this new guy who was from Orange County. He told us that he had played professional tennis for a while. We started out with some regular drills, and I felt like I was hitting really totally bossa-nova solid. On most of the games we played, I was on the winning side. Then at the end, we played this kinda weird two-court king-of-the-court thing, and once again, I stayed an as the king on the top court for most of it. But he jumped in to play with us, since we only had five people on two courts and he made the sixth. I could tell he was only using about forty percent of his effort playing against us. But he was making me run all over the place, and he was making it look so effortless. I guess that's pro stuff for you. He beat me a few times, and H. beat me a few times, and I beat both of them too, and like I said, I stayed on the king side most of the time. But when he beat me it was like an adult was playing a five-year-old. I at least had my moment, when in the last point of the drill, I was on the challenger side on the top court, and the pro was on the king side, and I ended it by acing him twice, once on deuce court, and once on ad court. Woo-hoo.

No comments: