my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Energy Steadily Building

Group Lesson at Pharr (5 of 10):

My Mojo: Steadily Better

Tonight I started out hitting really badly but warmed up in about ten minutes and then was hitting well. My consistency was very good, but my power was a little bit tentative until the last twenty minutes or so of the lesson, when I was hitting much better. I like the drills that the new coach brought in because they were more fast-paced. I still was having a little bit of trouble putting my body into the shots, but was getting most of the balls in, just not with the power I would have liked.

After the lesson, A., A., H. and me all stayed to hit doubles. We had some good solid rallies and I was happy with my performance. I think my play was reaching a peak when we had to quit because the facility was closing. If only I could have played for another hour or two it would have been solid practice and beneficial because I felt like I was in a good place. I felt really energized by the end and not tired at all.

No comments: