my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Opponents Are Lucky, And I Passed A Milestone

I was just thinking about how lucky any opponent who plays me is. Usually, when you are playing someone, you have no idea about their mental state, the kinds of things they think about, and how they usually feel when they are playing. If you haven't played someone before, you probably know nothing about their style of play or the habits they tend to fall back on. And even if you have, you usually don't have the benefit of seeing your opponent play hundreds of games, unless you know them REALLY well.

But that's exactly what my opponents have here. I write down everything I can think about that I think was important about every match. They can come here and find out about my style, how I mix things up, what I think about, and everything about me when I play tennis. Does that give them an advantage that I don't have for them? Maybe. But that's the boat I've put myself in--at least through the end of the year.

And, I just passed a milestone. I've passed more than one-fourth of my goal. Already. And it's not even the end of February yet. Of course, I did start a little early. Maybe I'll actually do it in 365 days,which means that I would finish by mid-November rather than the end of the year. But that's a long way off. A lot could happen between now and then. So I'll just focus on what I am trying to accomplish, and leave it in the hands of fate.

No comments: