my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Under The Cheshire Cat Moon

Sets 178-179 (of 365):

Stuart vs. H. at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-3, 6-4.

My Mojo: Steady.

There's a "Cheshire Cat Moon" out tonight. It looks just like a grin up in the sky, and the edges are pointing straight up instead of sideways. The weather is gorgeous; it was probably about 70 degrees when we played. In the first set, we kept pace for the first three games, though each of us broke each others' serve most of the time. My serve was giving me trouble through the first set, but I had tuned it up by the second set. After 3-3 in the first set, I broke out and won the next three games.

In the second set, he was up 2-0 at first, and then I came back and won the next five games. This wasn't the end, though, as he came back and won two more. I ended up taking the last game to win the set and the match.

I haven't been too motivated to write about my matches lately, so I am trying to get back into being more disciplined about it and write directly after the match. I think I will also try to wrap my mind around talking points during the matches, like I did when I first started this blog. I'm almost halfway done with my goal!

No comments: