my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Adaptation

Sets 172-174 (of 365):

Stuart vs. C. at McCallum High. Winner: Stuart 6-2, 6-1, 6-0.

My Mojo: Ready, But Tentative.

This guy tends to play with a lot of tricky spin that comes from what looks like off-balance positions. So he is hard to read as to where he is goind to aim the ball. I mostly just stayed back and tried to be as ready as possible for whatever would come across the net, and I tried to just return solidly. My play was mostly reactive to his play, but I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as defensive; I would consider it more as adaptive.

During the first two sets, the play was probably a little closer than the lopsided score suggested. There were a pretty good amount of games that got to repeated deuce/ad cycles. I seemed to be doing especially well when he served, as his serve was not only not too hard, but no too deep as well, so I was able to rush to net a lot early and command the points that way.

In the third set, he seemed like he had either lost interest or lost focus. I took most of the points, and it was a really fast set. He indicated that he probably should have stopped after the first two sets.

No comments: