my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, April 2, 2007

Still Not There, But Not Too Bad

Sets 147-148 (of 365):

Stuart vs. S. at His Apartments. Winner: S. 7-6(3), 7-6(8)

My Mojo: Not Bad, Considering, But Still A Bit Unbalanced

In this match, I was still not quite up to snuff. I was not having any mobility problems, but I have been still having some twinges of pain off the courts, though the pain has not seemed to either appear while I am playing or affect my ability to get to the ball. However, I am reacting slowly, and my muscles are not coordinating well, which is making me shoot a little off. I am also having something of a problem with impatience that I need to work on. Each of these sets was neck-and-neck all the way up to the end, but I could not close the deal in either of the tiebreaks. I had a lot more energy in the second tiebreak and managed to hold off to get to 10-8. I was simply not able to get enough strategic shots in to hold a lead, or even stay on the offense most of the time.

No comments: