my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Energy Rising

Sets 182-183:

Stuart vs. I. at Connally High. Winner: Stuart 7-6(3), 6-3.

My Mojo: Cautious But Steady.

Woo-hoo! I'm halfway to my goal of playing 365 sets. I figured I would make it this month. I am hoping to get to at least 190 by the end of the month and I ought to be able to do that.

Both of us ran each other around a lot in this match. It was not terribly hot, but it was humid enough to be stifling, so I was perspiring profusely. And it seemed hotter because of the humidity. I took an early lead, but then he caught up, and then I caught up, and then we kept pace to get to a tiebreak. Neither of us could really break out until I won the tiebreak. It seemed like he was playing sloppily, and then he tightened up just in time for me to start getting sloppy, and vice versa back and forth. But I was able to get in good shots and strategy during the timebreak, and minimize my errors.

In the second set, I kept ahead for most of the set. It was still very tough play, though. I wouldn't discount this guy beating me in another match because he played well. I was able to keep my errors low and play with good strategy, and I was rising in energy and enthusiasm throughout the match, rather than diminishing and burning out. I think that helped me win.

No comments: