my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Defensive Play Not Executed Well

Sets 154-155 (of 365):

Stuart vs. S. at Vista Ridge High School. Winner: S. 6-2, 6-0

My Mojo: Average At First, Deflated Toward The End.

This was the first time I had played at this place, and though it was pretty far out of town, it was a nice facility. The only problem was that the lights came on awfully late. It was already pretty dark when they started coming on, and they took quite a while to warm up to full intensity, so it was hard to see for a good portion of the match. I have a hard time playing as twilight progresses as I have difficulty in seeing.

I didn't really get any advantages in either set. I got outplayed, for the most part, and could not get an offense happening most of the time. He hit a good proportion of winners on me, and I was on my toes to get to shots that I barely could hit back, much less place well. My game throughout the match was almost totally defensive, and I didn't play defense particularly well. I lost confidence in the time before the lights came on and it was too dark for me to play well, and then I never did regain it; it would have taken an extraordinary effort for me to come back from as far behind as I was and I didn't have it in me on this night.

No comments: