my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Steady Play Wins The Match

Sets 160-161 (of 365):

Stuart vs. J. at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-0, 7-5.

My Mojo: Average, But Steady.

I didn't feel like I played all that well tonight. But I did stay relatively steady. I think my opponent made more errors than usual. I never did feel completely confident with my game and it sort of surprised me that I won all of the games in the first set. My first serve was completely off for most of the entire match, though it did congeal into place for a few games in the second set. My second serve was only reliably in when I dinked it into the box, and had very little power. But I just managed to sail by in all of the games of the first set. The first game of the first set was grueling and kept going back and forth from deuce to add; it took a half an hour in itself to finish!

In the second set, I was losing badly and quickly. I was down 5-1 when I bore down and just concentrated on winning one point at a time. Amazingly, it worked, and I won the next six games in a row to take the set 7-5!

No comments: