my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Two Matches In One Night, Two Losses, And I Am Tired

Sets 149-150 (of 365):

Stuart vs. T. at Private Courts. Winner: T. 7-6(3), 6-4

Sets 151-153 (of 365):

Stuart vs. J. at Northwest Park. Winner: J. 7-5, 2-6, 6-2.

My Mojo: Asleep At The Wheel

One major thing I had in common in both of these matches was that my returns of serve were just terrible. In the first match, I hardly returned any of his serves. T. said that he thought his serves were really on that day, but I kept concentrating on getting them, split-stepping to get faster reaction, moving back, moving to the side, and nothing I did seemed to improve my response to his serves. In the second match, it wasn't as bad, but when J. hit a blazing serve, I was defenseless.

After playing five matches in which I was not playing all that well, but in which I still managed to last quite a long time, I was pretty exhausted at the end, and ready to sleep.

No comments: