my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Two More Matches in One Day

Sets 51-52 (of 365):

Stuart vs. L. at Caswell. Winner: Stuart 7-6(4), 4-6, 1-0(10-8)

My Mojo: Solid Gold (In Like Flint), But Gas Tank on Empty at the End

The weather was back to being pretty decent for this third match of the ladder tournament. Frankly, I hadn't expected to get to a third match, so this one was bonus. Woo-hoo, bonus. This was one tough match. But I was ready to play a tough match. My patience was just about perfect, my shots were rolling the right numbers on the dice, and I was getting to just about everything. Of course, i just squeaked it out. My opponent was really good. She was not a hugely hard hitter, but was good on placement. I didn't know how much this match would take out of me, though. By the end of the match, I was really depleted. I was out of fuel, my mojo was wounded, and I had used up everything I had to win this match. My body was also crying out in pain and exhaustion. I begged for some time before the next match, and the tournament director gave me an hour.

Sets 53-54 (of 365):

Stuart vs. C. at Caswell. Winner: C. 7-5, 6-3

My Mojo: Low Energy, Leaked Out Like a Flat Tire.

I never was able to fully recover from the last match. I tried just about everything. I went home and iced down painful areas. I tried eating something substantial to give me some fuel. I was also starting to get an ear infection, and my left ear was starting to hurt more and more. I was cramping up big time right before the match. I never did fully recover by the time the match started, and my mojo leaked out to near nothing. By the end of the match, I was pissed at myself, and a half an hour later, I was ready for death to come take me. I should be so lucky. Anyway, I'm still exhausted, so I'm headed for a long warm bath, and more about this match later. Uggghhh...

No comments: