my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Ho-Hum Game

Sets 45-46 (of 365):

Stuart vs. R. at Pharr. Winner: Stuart 6-3, 6-4.

My Mojo: Fair to Middlin'

During this match I had a hard time figuring out how to play. I mostly held my serve, except for one game in the second set. I did surge at the end of both sets. In the first set, we were even up until 3-3, then after I broke his serve for the first time, I got the advantage. The second set was more of the same story. In the second set he served first so he was up a game up until 3-2. Then I broke his serve, and he broke my serve, and after it got to 5-3, he won the next game to make it 5-4, and then I won the last game. His serve was not terribly hard but was very solid. I double-faulted more than usual and lacked as much confidence in my serve as I usually have. My game was pretty ho-hum, but I did squeeze enough out to edge it over.

Afterwards I had another group lesson with R. at Pharr (8 of 10).

My Mojo: Up, Down, Then Back Up

I started out really great, and was hitting shots fantastically for about the first half hour, winning the majority of the points in the drills we were playing against just about everyone in the class, but then the bottom dropped out for a while, and I couldn't hit too well. Then, toward the end, I started hitting well again. How odd. I didn't stay after to hit with class members like I usually do, mainly because I had some matters to take care of at home.

No comments: