my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Little Milestones

I forgot to mention that today is my birthday. And yesterday, we had the final court hearing where I adopted my oldest daughter. She is not my biological daughter but has lived with me pretty much all of her life. Her sister is also my daughter, but biologically as well. Somebody at work made me lemon squares for my birthday (how nice!), but I had to take my oldest daughter to a doctor's appointment at lunch, and when I got back, they were all gone. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

I didn't play tennis yesterday because I was so busy readying for the adoption hearing. I didn't know if it would go through. My daughter was in kind of a mood the day before, and had told the guardian appointed by the court that she didn't want to be adopted. Aaack. I was really stressed. I had to finesse emotions and reactions from her biological mom, from her, from the court people, and so on (as well as mine--at one point I felt like I was going to just completely fall apart). Luckily, she decided firmly on the court date that she did want to go through with the adoption, so it was finalized. Whew. I can't even express how much the stuff leading up to this stressed me out. I could hardly sleep the night before. When focus got off the adoption on anyone's part, I just told them I was only focusing on the adoption, and any other issues would be dealt with later. That seemed to work. And now I am so happy that I am the official dad of my darling little daughter. So for my birthday, I got to spend some time with my oldest little girl, and that is one of the best presents I could have gotten from anyone.

No comments: