my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Nobody's Home

Sets 135-136 (of 365):

Stuart vs. J. at Northwest Park. Winner: J. 6-1,6-2.
Alternate Ladder Match #3

My Mojo: Below-Average, Frustrated

I could not get anything going right today. I was anticipating in my head almost exactly where he would hit his shots and I was still not getting there in time. My physical responses to the shots he did were in the toilet. I was going for line shots that went over the line, and drop shots that went into the net. And I kept getting to my advantage over and over again just to flub it after that and have the game completely fall apart. By the middle of the second set I was angry enough to throw a racquet. but I mostly kept it inside, except for the cuss words I mouthed to myself under my breath. I really need to be more centered than I was for this match. My mental state was so poor, it affected my play immensely. J. was a big hitter, but I've dealt with players with powerful ground strokes before. I just wasn't there enough.

No comments: