my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Friday, March 2, 2007

Trapped In A Burlap Bag

Sets 131-132 (of 365):

Stuart vs. J. at Northwest Park. Winner: J. 6-2, 6-1.
Ladder Match #12

My Mojo: Below-Average to Average

I served the first game, and won all the points in that game. And then it was downhill from there. I could not get a foothold in at all after that. J. was not a very hard hitter, but had excellent placement. She was able to hit some really good angles that I had a hard time getting to and often just could not get there in time. Due to her excellent placement, she was able to dominate most of the points and I could not get any decent strategy happening. I was not placing anything well, was not anticipating worth beans, and was barely able to return most of the shots. This was one of the worse drubbings that I have taken in quite a while. It was like I was just trapped in a burlap bag and could not find the way to escape.

No comments: