my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, March 12, 2007

Recovering Slowly But Surely

I was able to stop using crutches this weekend, which was much earlier than I thought I would be able to walk without assistance. I still have a noticeable limp, though I am working on that. This weekend I was able to almost completely eliminate the limp, but regressed back into it somewhat. I am hoping to be able to walk the four miles to work pretty soon; maybe this week but probably for sure by next week. I was able to speed up my healing faster than I thought by constantly icing, massaging, and gently stetching my leg and I am hoping to minimize scar tissue by constantly moving my leg gently while the injury heals (hopefully not enough to mess it up worse).

It will still be a while before I can play again. I am estimating at this point it will be at least two weeks before I can get on the courts; maybe I can go a little earlier with the ball machine if I shoot it to one spot and don't have to move around. I can definitely still feel some pain and it hurts pretty bad when I come down on my foot the wrong way. I will probably have to drop out of the next round of the ladder but I have a day or two to figure that out for sure. If there's any way I can play within a week and a half or so, I might be able to play in the next ladder round, but I don't have much hope of that working out, and I should probably be a litle conservative in my estimates to avoid messing it up worse.

No comments: