my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, March 4, 2007

A Good Strategy Day For Me And A Laid-Back Weekend

Sets 133-134 (of 365):

Stuart vs. C. at Westlake High. Winner: Stuart 6-0, 6-1.
Ladder Match #13

My Mojo: Calm and Confident

It is amazing how my attitude can change from day to day. Last time I played, I was skittish and unable to concentrate. Today I was calm and assured. My anticipation was fantastic. I hardly missed hitting anything and placed my shots well. My strategic thinking was really on today. C. only got one game in in the first set, and just about everything I did seemed to be working. He tried to mix it up a little more and come to net aggressively much more in the second set, but I was ready for that and hit a lot of successful lobs. Toward the end of the second set, he started trying to serve-and-volley more, trying to get more by being more aggressive, but I responded well to that also, either lobbing offensively or hitting side winners. He simply could not break through at all during the match.

I had taken it easy, relatively, this weekend. For the past few weekends I have been cramming several matches in, but this weekend I only scheduled one on Saturday and one on Sunday. The guy I set up a match with on Saturday did not show up, which annoyed me a bit, especially since it was cold and windy. I was not crazy about waiting in that weather. I got home and found he had sent an email saying he would be fifteen minutes late, but he still had not showed up after half an hour, after which I left. In retrospect, I really don't mind missing that match. We did set up something for next weekend. I also chose not to go to the group lesson that I had been planning to go to later that morning. I guess it doesn't hurt to lay back a little every once in a while and not push myself constantly.

No comments: