my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Is This A Correction Or A Bear Market?

Sets 140-141 (of 365):

Stuart vs. S. at Northwest Park. Winner: S. 6-0, 6-1
Ladder Match #15

My Mojo: Dismal

I played probably the absolute worst that I have played since I started this blog. I definitely have to give my opponent credit for playing well. He was very consistent, and did not miss opportunities. One thing I was impressed with was that when I lobbed over his head in response to his net game, he got just about all of them with overheads hit with precision. In each of them, the ball landed powerfully and to his definite advantage. Many opponents that I have played don't get to those lobs, but he seemed to have no trouble.

Of course, many of my lobs were landing short, rather than just in front of the baseline as they usually have. This match I surely beat myself. My shots were not going where I wanted them to go. Usually I sustain rallies, but in this match, I couldn't count on anything that I hit. Everything was discombobulated from the beginning, and you name it, it didn't work for me. So I am in a definite slump. I don't know if it is a protracted thing or if I'll work my way out of it soon, but the injury I had combined with the three weeks off has cramped my style and my game. I was lucky to win the one game I did win; I managed to pull together enough focus to actually win a game in which my opponent did not get any points. This was only because my serve congealed for one game. But the rest of the time, I was toast.

No comments: