my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Curious Win

Sets 395-397:

Stuart v. Y. at Crockett High. Winner: Stuart 6-3, 6-2, 6-1.

My Mojo:  Able To Do What I Needed To Do.

This guy plays a really good technical game, but so far, I have beaten him decisively each time we have played.  Maybe I have a little bit better grasp on strategy and that, combined with consistency, gives me the edge.  It has baffled me somewhat that I have won against him with such wide margins each time we have played.  Maybe he has been a little off, and one of these days he will come back and wipe me off the map.

Of course, it helped me that I was playing consistently, and I was not making a lot of errors. He seemed to be more frustrated as the match went on; I think he was as baffled that he was losing as I was that I was winning.  I ended up solidifying my play toward the end and taking more of a lead.

This was the first time I had played at Crockett High.  It's not a bad place to play, but one of the nets is so messed up that the court is unplayable.  Maybe it'll get fixed and future generations who read these words will find them obsolete. 


No comments: