my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Like A Skier Who Loses Control

Sets 387-388:

Stuart v. K. at Hill Country Middle School. Winner: K. 6-4, 6-4, 4-1.

My Mojo: Downhill Skiing (Limbs Akimbo).

OK, I hung pretty tough for the first two sets, but I couldn't help feeling like my mojo was falling and hers was rising the whole time. And she was able to bring the energy necessary to the closing of each of the first two sets that I just could not muster. The third set (if you can call it that) just verified that I was losing my religion. Jesus and Buddha were off watching the bake-off instead of cheering me on. My play imploded, and the end, though unfinished, was expected (at least by me), but not accepted happily. Really, I would have taken the whole thing to its grisly conclusion (which probably would have consisted of me losing the next two games decisively), but my opponent had to leave. It was most likely mercy disguised as a beating. This was one time when I probably would not have turned it around at the last minute. Though I do manage to pull wicked upsets off sometimes, this was definitely not the audition that woulda made me a star.

No comments: