my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crappy Days Are Here Again

Sets 341-343:

Stuart v. P. at Perry Park. Winner: Stuart. 6-4, 6-1, 6-1

My Mojo: Tinged With Melancholy Bile, But Present.

I've played this guy a bunch and I usually get the upper hand. But what I respect is that he is willing to play monjo numbers of sets. Now that's like my style. When I am getting creamed, I want to play even more.

Tonight I felt like crap while I was playing. I had felt vaguely under the floor all day. I'd been grumpy, and though I didn't quite feel cruddy enough to count it as sick, I was definitely not in top form. I almost thought about blowing it off, but just felt good enough to remain standing, maybe.

I somehow can play well a lot of the time when I'm feeling like steaming turds. the first set, I was a little more down that I was for the next two, but I still pulled my head out from the dark moist place loud enough to hear the pop. In the next two sets, my play was just steady enough to take a solid lead, but my stomach was not. Normally I would have played on, but this time I had to bow out after the third set. I almost thought about dumping after the second set and I don't know why I played a third or where the energy for continued vertical integrity came from. But, there it was, and here I am, still alive.

2 comments:

Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

You've been slacking off with your banal commentary. Your READER! deserves more than simple reportage of the scores. Get Busy

Stuart Gourd said...

Yes, I have been slacking off. Some unexpected things have come up that have taken up a great deal of my time, and I have not been able to give this blog my full attention. Hopefully back soon...