my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Golden Arm And A Tailwind

Sets 326-327:

Stuart v. J. at Pflugerville HS. Winner: Stuart 6-3, 6-2

My Mojo: Solid.

I felt really good through most of this match. For most of it, my arm and body were working together well to allow me to swing through my shots almost perfectly. There were moments when I lost it, but it came back quickly. I felt like The Man With The Golden Arm. Plus, I felt like I was not expending a whole lot of effort, in contrast to the last two matches I played, where I was barely able to stand. It felt good to be in control of most of the rallies, though he did pull me wide and get some really good winners and angles in that I couldn't get to. But those shots seemed to be happening less and less toward the end of the match as I felt I was able to anticipate more and more. Also, it seemed like he was losing steam as the match progressed, while I just felt like I was settling more into my game. As the match went on, I felt almost like I was running a race with a tailwind behind me. Everything was happening fairly effortlessly and I felt pretty confident about my play.

No comments: