my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Intensity

Sets 339-340:

Stuart v. E. at Austin High. Winner: E. 7-5, 6-4.

My Mojo: Driven, But Drooping Near Each Set's End.

This was an intense match. I felt like we were both very focused, and wound tight. I know that at least I was. I was trying not to make missteps, but I kept subtly getting the short end of the strategy stick. There was a good deal of strategic interaction, and like I said, I mostly swam in the shallow end of the pool.

Not that it was a complete blowout. I was pretty competitive and close through most of each set, and then just kind of petered out at the end. He hit wit a lot of topspin and when he moved in, he was able to get some good angles and winner on me, whereas I mostly won more defensively. It didn't turn out to be good enough for me to take home the brass ring, but it was close.

No comments: