my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

An Opponent Who Hadn't Played In A While

Sets 328-329:

Stuart v. R. at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-0, 6-0.

My Mojo: Placid.

This was a pretty easy two sets. There was not really a lot of running or exertion, and the points were cut off quickly. My opponent had not played in quite a while, and though she started off fairly sluggish, she got some good points in near the end. All I had to do was hit the ball back, but I did try to do more than that most of the time. Still, there weren't a lot of points in play; I took the vast majority of the points and all the games. Maybe after she gets a little more practice, she'll come back and whomp me to kingdom come.

I was trying to find opponents in different places. I have mostly been finding people to play through either one of the ladders or sometimes through the local tennis organization website, though probably 90% (at least) of the people I have been playing come from the main ladder. So I tried Craig's List and a local tennis meetup group on the web this week, just to see if I could get some variety. I found R. on the meetup group. She was a good sport (as I probably would be if I got galomped), and maybe she'll work on her game and play me again. I could tell her shots could be good if she got her game back.

1 comment:

Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

Santa Ana... could R be a worthy opponent for TennisTitan on my next trip...hair longer than yours?... legs defined but not as muscular?? I no longer feel that you 'bottom fed' playing me... some waters are even deeper in landlocked Austin