my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Two Days

I played on Tuesday at Martin Junior High and today (Thursday) at Little Stacy Park.  Funny how I barely remember Tuesday's play now.  But I do remember that I won one set (don't remember the score or who I played) and then played a bunch of games with other people, both singles and doubles, and one on two.  I played from about 5:30 until almost 8.

Tonight I started out playing doubles, and we just went ahead and played a match because the guys playing singles next to us did the same thing.  The first set was close at first...we got to 4-4 with each side winning on their serve, and then we broke the other side's serve to get to 5-4.  It was my serve the last game, and I won my serve to win the first set 6-4.

Then the second set was more lopsided...we held most points and won 6-1.  For a while we then played two-on-one rotating around clockwise every game so everybody got to play every position in both singles and doubles.  I won on every side except for one game that B. won at singles.

Then I stuck around to play another set against J.  I was playing well and getting everything back and my serve was good too.  He was hitting really big but missing some shots.  I ended up winning the singles set 6-2.

No comments: