my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Long Day

Today I played tennis from about 9:30 am until about 2:30 pm, with hardly any breaks except to drink some water between some games.  There was a group meetup at 9:30 am, and another at noon, and I signed up for both of them.  Both were at Crockett High.

Mostly we were playing four games in groups on singles and doubles, but I played a few sets and some near-sets.  Usually the sets ended up getting played when we had finished four games and nobody else was ready to switch up teams, so we kept playing. The first set was against T., which I won 6-3.  We were keeping pace for the first few games and it was 2-2, and then I broke his serve to win a game, and won the next game to make it 4-2.  He ended up winning one game after that but I won two to take the set.  We started another and I was up 2-0 but the group was at a switching point so I moved into some doubles.

The next doubles thing my team ended up winning 5-0 before we switched the teams around and played only four games.  I played another singles that I won 5-1.  There were a couple of doubles things that my team lost pretty decisively after four games, but I think I either won everything else either individually or as a team.  That was a lot of tennis and I definitely feel like I have been working it today.  Tomorrow is the Capitol 10K, and I'll be up bright and early to run in that.

No comments: