my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Little Stacy Today

Played one set at Little Stacy today:

Stuart v. N. at Little Stacy.  Winner: Stuart 6-4.

I started out really crappy.  I was not hitting well and he was hitting great, including his serves.  I was getting outflanked and was getting shots hurled at me that were fast and out of reach and it was frustrating me.  I was mostly holding my serve but losing on his.  First he won a game, then I won a game, then it turned around, and I won his serve and then he won mine so it was tied at 2-2.  Then I fell apart and was down 4-2.  The next game I was down 40-love on his serve and just bore down to win a point at a time and brought it to deuce.  Then I won the next two points and brought it up to 4-3.  I won my serve next and got it to 4-4, then I regained a little confidence and a lot of game, and won the next two games.  Pulled it out of the abyss.

Before this, we had been playing doubles where we rotated in.  There were seven of us on one court so three were always sitting out.  The courts were really crappy after the recent rain and there was a lot of debris on the court we were playing on, and the other one was taken.  There was some slippery gravel near the back of the north side of the court, and my doubles partner L. slipped and fell on the gravel and really messed up his knee and had to take off.  I had slipped a couple times too on the gravel but luckily hadn't fallen into it.  Everybody was watching out on that end of the court--we tried to kind of sweep it away with our feet but weren't too successful.

Before the singles set I played, we had changed over to king of the court doubles, and played a couple rounds of that.  But then two of us split off for singles, and the other four just played a set of doubles.

After the set, three of us were left and just played king of the court singles.  I won all those games and stayed on the king court.  Then we all called it a night and took off.

No comments: