my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Two Days of Yuck

So there were two days I played this week in which my play was just dismal and uninspired.  On the first night, it was so bad that it was contagious to every doubles partner I played with.   Not only was I making stupid errors, but so was every person who was privileged to play on my side.  All we did was play doubles on Wednesday.  There were only five people at first (we rotated one out every point), and then four.

Tonight, I continued my dismal streak.  No sure what is up with my play for these two days but, hopefully, it can only get better.  We played "King of the Court" where one court was top court (we had four courts) and loser moved down one court, winner moved up (except on first and last courts where winner stayed and loser did too unless someone needed to rotate in).  I did make it to top court once, but didn't stay long.  Mostly I was on second and third courts.  But there was an anomaly in that I beat one of the best players (he started on last court because he arrived late; we played on third court but I sent him back to last. But he made it to first court soon thereafter).

No comments: