my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Keeping The Edge

Sets 475-476:

Stuart v. A. at Northwest Park. Winner: Stuart 6-1, 6-3.

My Mojo: Just Over The Line.

I feel like I am on a hot streak lately. Or maybe I am coming off of a dud streak. For a long time, I couldn't seem to get my game together, but for the last few matches, it has really coalesced. Today, I was hitting pretty well, and my strategy seemed to be one of error-baiting. I have played against enough people thatI felt did that with me that I put it into play. I just played consistently, and didn't hit super-hard, but hit shots with medium to high-medium power and mostly playing to my opponent's position. The games were actually closer than the score reflected, but I felt like I had an edge for most of the match.

One thing was a slight distraction. My back was really messed up, so I was wearing a back brace. It has been messed up for the last three days, and I have worn the brace for each of the times I played in the last three days. Also my left knee has been giving me some problems. So I have been good buddies with ice packs and hot baths for the last few days. Hopefully none of this will get worse.

No comments: