my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Easy Money

Stuart v. C. and two other guys. Winner: S. 5-0, and various two out of three mini-matches.

Ok, there was really no money involved. But if there had been, it would have been easy money. I played a guy who was really rusty and not nearly as good as I am. I beat him easily and ran him around the court probably a little too much. He begged off after the fifth game and just about that time, two guys who looked about college age showed up. I offered to play them alternating two out of three mini-sets for king of the court. I won all those matches, too.

One of the guys had pretty good topspin but not much control over the ball. The other had a wicked extreme-angle serve that he also didn't have much control over. I won most of the little sets easily, but they each won a game occasionally. Of course, I don't get to count any of it here, because we didn't play any full sets.

No comments: