my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Game, Interrupted

Sets 359-360:

Stuart v. E. at The Courtyard. Winner: To Be Determined. 6-3 (E), 5-7 (S), 2-1 (E), S to serve.

My Mojo: Off, Then On, Then Tennis Interruptus.

The last time we played, it was very tight and intense. There was a lot of intensity to this match as well, but I felt like I was flowing a little smoother, and not as tight through the whole thing. My serves were working decently, and his were doing what they needed to do as well. It was another closely matched group of games. In the first set, I dropped my pace a little at the end of the set, and he picked up the slack to put the set in his pocket.

In the second set, I played with more assertiveness and aggressiveness and moved away from my usual defensive game to take the initiative a little more. It seemed to do the trick toward the end. We kept tying it up repeatedly, and I was up the odd game for a while. Then we traded leads around game nine, but I won the next game to tie again at 5-5. The next two games were very close and had some of the longest rallies of the match (so far, of course we haven't finished), but I squeegled it out for both games to win 7-5.

Shortly after that, we ran out of time on the court. I hate these places where you can only reserve and hour and a half of time; so often my matches just don't finish in that short of a period of time as I'm just a born grinder. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. So we tried to get on whatever empty courts we could to attempt to finish up the match. We kept getting repeatedly booted after just a few points and it was jarring my mojo big wild. We played the next three games on three different courts before I finally said it was enough. I have to get into a groove, and this was not doing it for me. So we'll just have to finish up some other time.

No comments: