my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Big Time At The Meetup

Sets 345-346:

Stuart v. ? at Westlake. Winner: Stuart 6-2, 6-3.

My Mojo: Increasingly Strong.

I just cannot remember this guy's name. I wish I could. This was the first time I had gone to this tennis meetup group online, and there were a whole bunch of people there. The first thing I did was play a singles match with this guy. He seemed like a decent hitter, but just could not get behind the ball as much as I did, so I felt like I mostly had the advantage. He had good serves, but not a lot of accuracy behind them. When they did get in, though, they were formidable. Mine were only working for me when I put spin on them, for the most part. I could spin my serves every which way, side to side, up and down, and they would get in the box with some goombah, but most of my flat serves were not diddly.

I was pretty steady through the second set as well, and even felt like I had a little more control in it even though I lost one more game. Such is life on the laykold.

Afterwards, he and I played a doubles set against two guys who kicked everybody's butt that night, and we were no exception. I felt like I was getting some good shots in, and it seemed like I was even playing better than I had when I played singles, but 'twasn't good enough. I think we lost 6-2. But doubles doesn't count here (on my long-winded blog); I might as well have been playing mah-jongg.

No comments: