my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Slightly Injured

Well, today I became slightly injured, but I played through the injury.  Wasn't no big thing, really.  I twisted my ankle a little, but just kept going.  And another guy who was playing today said he twisted his ankle too.  I didn't let on, though...I just slogged onward.

I had also kinda bonked myself up earlier in the day.  A big chunk of a tree fell in my back yard and crushed in my bike shed.  When I was trying to cut away some of the debris, the tree trunk shifted and bonked me in the head.  Luckily I jumped out of the way a little so about eight hundred pounds of widow-maker wood didn't put a coda on my symphony.  I didn't even notice I had a little gash on my forehead until I looked in the mirror a couple of hours later.

Of course, that didn't stop a few smart-asses from telling me that that explains a lot.  But I digress.  I played a couple of hours of tennis, and got into some 2-2 ties in the four-game change-ups that we play, but didn't lose any.  I seem to do well when I play with the group, and not as well when I play ladder matches (though the matches end up being pretty long, usually).  Probably because the ladder matches are more competitive and attract better players on the whole.  As long as I get a good workout along with my whippin', I'm OK in the long run.

No comments: