my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Monday, September 10, 2012

Playing Against A Sizzler

Today I showed up at Martin Junior High to play.  A bunch of people showed up...first I played some with a guy that I beat last week who has a fairly erratic style, then another woman showed up so we switched it to Australian doubles (two against one).  I hope Australians don't get offended.  Maybe they call it American doubles there.  Who knows.

Anyway, we play a version where the person on the singles side gets two points if they win, and the two on the doubles side get a point each if they win.  Then we rotate to the left every game, so everybody is playing in a different position, and the singles person always gets to serve.  We play to four (we usually don't play many games so we can switch it up as more people show up) This went by pretty fast, and after being 3-3-0, J. finally won the last game serving singles to pass four points.

Then I played singles against this guy who was a total shot sizzler.  He was hitting really fast balls that were super accurate.  The only reason I did OK against him was because I play such a defensive game.  But he still beat me 2-0.  Then another guy showed up and we played some more Australian.  But we were kinda lax on the score; we played for a long time because the people next to us (four who were playing doubles) weren't done yet.

Then I played a guy who had some pretty good shots and I beat him 3-1.  I would have played more but it was getting dark and the courts at the junior high didn't have lights.  We're going to start having to find places with lights soon as it's getting darker earlier, and daylight savings time is looming around the corner.

Might not play for the next two or three nights...there's some other stuff going on that I might want to get involved in.

No comments: