my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Don't Slam The Door On Your Way Out

Sets 524-525:

Stuart v. F. at South Austin Tennis Center. Winner: F. 6-0, 6-3.

My Mojo: Pathetic.

I think I was just too tired playing this match. It didn't go anything like I thought it would. Nothing was working for me, and I just emotionally melted down. I felt like I was covered with a blanket, and couldn't find the way out. Things just got worse and worse. He outplayed me with the game I play.

In the second set, I was able to utilize a Plan B that worked a little better for me, but still did not cook the enchiladas all the way through. I tried for a more offensive game, and tried to pull him to one far side of the court and then hit winners to the other side. I also rushed the net more, trying more of a "chip 'n charge" game (or at least as much as my ability would allow). Like I said, that got me more points, but did not buy my way into a third set. I was a mess when this match ended.

2 comments:

Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

Stu... you do not indicate how you did in the tournament...after yesterday's loquacious write up you merely report the scores. Have you no commitment to your readership? How will you ever develop a Titan-like fan-base unless we know how your mojo was working?

Stuart Gourd said...

Hey, some of us have a life. Or maybe not. Will try to fill in the details when I can.