my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time Keeps On Slippin'

Sets 520-521:

Stuart v. E. at South Austin Tennis Center. Winner: Stuart 6-2, 6-2.

My Mojo: Confident.

What a difference time can make. This was a guy who had a similar style to the last guy I played, but I felt much better, and handled everything that came at me a lot better. The difference was partially due to my increased confidence. For some strange reason, I felt better about what I was doing. Maybe it's because I was already warmed up and didn't muck it all up in the warmup.

So I did well most games. My serve was on, and that helped. I was a little more aggressive, and that helped too. Plus, my lobs were working really well when he came up to net. My anticipation was decent, my strategy was good enough, and it all congealed into a pretty good game.

I was definitely a little peaked at the end of the match. They told me I'd be playing again in half an hour, and I figured that was OK. I recharged and meditated, and it worked.

No comments: