my goal was to play 365 sets of tennis in a year AND I DID IT!!!!!

Click on My Jukebox to listen to some of the music I have written

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Killed By Angles

Sets 313-314:

Stuart v. M. at The Quarries. Winner: M. 6-3, 6-1.

My Mojo: OK At First, Then Too Unresponsive.

In this match, I was playing decently just briefly, then he came back and just started shooting angle shots at me that got me running around so hard that I could not get any control on the points. I won the first two games of the first set, then only won two more games the whole match. I was getting really frustrated by just having to barely respond to these angle shots, which I knew were coming, and I could not get responsive enough to do anything about it. He kept shooting balls to areas that were just out of my reach, but I couldn't seem to get to areas that were hard for him. When I tried to hit angle shots to his side of the court, they either went out, or went into his comfort zone. Also, my serves were not letting me take control of the points. I wouldn't say this was my absolute worst play, but it definitely was not my on game.

No comments: